Monday, July 04, 2005

COLD NOVEMBER

i had to bury her twice
as a lover and a friend
for a year and a half i tried
to heal our relationship by myself
tried to believe nothing was wrong
tried to keep it together and sane at the same time
i loved her oh so much
eventhough i am engulfed in bitterness
deep inside i cry and there i died
the problem was us not just me or her
but she didn't care
it was always me in her eyes
she was always a saint
we were both the instigators
and there is nothing i could have done
i could not save her or me from destroying ourselves
and now she is gone and i am left with questions
and to pick up the pieces of my broken heart

© 2001. 2005 thomas bates

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww sweetheart. This is like kind of depressing in its own ways. But sadly this is the way it is in relationships ain't it?! Well I'm sure you at least learn lessons from it, right?! I love the first couple of lines, that was really strong and heavy.

"i had to bury her twice
as a lover and a friend
for a year and a half i tried
to heal our relationship by myself"

Keep writing.