Saturday, June 02, 2007

IN TIME OF DESPAIR, I CRY OUT

i want to slip into a coma
i want to leave this life
i want to escape their eyes
i want to feel this thing they call love
i want to kill the identity of "i"
shower down on me, God, Your grace
take away this constant pain inside
put the old me six feet under in the grave
my heart is racked in pain
i want to stand alone in the rain
and let the world around me fade away
and let me relax and find peace again
i can't keep up with everybody's expectations
i can't take the pressure being their superman
i want to take a permanent vacation
and leave this world behind that has me condemned
i am an outsider... a social outcast
only a few really get me and love me
but many look at me and i feel so alone and cold
God love me
be real to me
be more than a word to me

© 2004 thomas bates

No comments: