Tuesday, April 19, 2005

THE THUNDERING RAIN

bring on the silence and the pain
bring on the ever thundering rain
let it cover me and drench me
i need this time for reflection and peace
to think and evaluate over what has gone wrong
but all is silent and the mystery is gone
everything was simplistic but now it is complex
everything was all so sweet but it all went to heck
misunderstanding and paranoia slip into my bed
and they sleep with me and take residence in my head
leaving no room for concentration for comprehension
now it is all mixed up into noise pollution
so bring on the silence and the pain
and let it cover me... the thundering rain

© 2003 thomas bates

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your poems are marvelous. I find a piercing of knives and the tranquility of God's ease contain me as I float through your poems. Thank you for allowing me the ease to drift away in your humble talent. You make knives feel and spirits become alert. Thank you!